Friday, June 30, 2006

dandelions again

replaced the "borrowed" fancy lines with plainer words, which are mine and, more importantly, more consistent with my low-key style. Now I can call it my own. :-)

Dandelions

Mommy tends to her orchids,
I, look after these dandelions.

Called nothing but weeds -
I wonder why,
Year after year,
They are so beautiful to me.

Bloom in our backyard
They are yellow and bright.
Surprise me on the sidewalks,
Their heads puffy and white.

I love all flowers anyways,
But this one only
I can blow away -

Sending their kids around the world,
Oh, little dandelions!

1 comment:

passerby said...

yes, but this is also true for many other grass species; what IS unique about dandelions, i think, is their attractive appearance: the white hairy head - lofty and graceful, indeed! so, appearance does matter - no wonder everyone still wants to see the hen after she has laid one egg after another. :)))